Our friends over at #NurChat got in touch to tell us about some of the new words and terms which are springing up around the nursing community on Twitter.
See how many of these you know. Are you a newbie or a member of the Twitterati?
- A #NurChat - Nurse Twitter chitter chatter. A group of nurses talking nursing on Twitter. (You knew this one, right?)
- #NurChatter – a nurse who takes part in a #NurChat
- #NurChatting – the act of participating in a #NurChat
- “Chirp” – The little @WeNurChat mascott who can also be added as a Twibbon to show support for the tweeting nurse community.
- The Nurse Twitterverse – The Twitterverse is the people of Twitter - all 500 million or so of them. And all the nurses amongst that number? We call them the Nurse Twitterverse.
- #NurFlash - a hashtag that allows nurses to flag up an important news story that they want to discuss ASAP.
- Twitterversity – Crash course to learn the ropes on Twitter. The Nurse Twitterversity is a step-by-step guide that takes nurse through from being a Student Tweeter to Staff Tweeter to Sister Tweeter.
Did we miss any, or maybe there's a new one you've coined which you think deserves to make it into usage. If so, let us know in the comments below.